Orange County Branch: Adjunct Pediatric Nursing Clinical Faculty
Primary School or College
School of Nursing and Health Professions
Up to 75%
• The School of Nursing and Health Professions seeks to hire part-time (adjunct) community and mental health nursing faculty to assume teaching responsibilities for undergraduate nursing students in a clinical setting.
• Applicants must hold a California RN License.
The clinical faculty member will assume responsibility and accountability for:
• Facilitating student learning in the clinical setting by coaching students to translate knowledge into the attitudes and skills required to give save high quality patient care.
• Supervising student groups in the clinical setting (maintains presence in clinical setting during the entire clinical student time unless assigned to Capstone course when student has individual preceptor)
• Evaluating student performance in the clinical setting; providing frequent student feedback to enable success; meeting the student at mid-term and end of course to assign grades.
• Attending departmental meetings
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Clinical faculty maintains current RN licensure.
• AHA Professional Rescuer CPR, and Health Records titers and immunization.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing with evidence of an established area of clinical expertise and demonstrable communications skills
• Experience in clinical teaching, student supervision and teaching methods are desired but not required.
• Other clinical/agencies requirements as needed.
Special Instructions Summary
Please note the teaching location is out of Orange County and not the main campus in San Francisco.
Job Open Date
Posted until Filled
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to "Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit www.usfca.edu (http://www.usfca.edu/).
The University is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. The University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For more information visit: http://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.
To Apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1093256
4 Year Degree - BSN